Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
info -
any chance

I am a US citizen and did clinical rotation in the US but went to medical school in the carribean. with low score like 68 and 72 what are my chances of gettign any residency in the us...i really want to do into radiology??? anyoen get into a radiology match this time???????
AL

Scores of 86 and 72 are not even passing scores. What are you talking about?

wait....what is 68 and 72? you have to have at least a 75 on either step to pass, and I think as a FMG you need like over 85 to be considered?

DID YOU RETAKE THESE EXAMS? IF SO, WHAT WERE YOUR SCORES?

also, why did you go to the carribean for medical school? I think a lot of people on this forum were physicians in their own country, are not US citizens, and want a chance to come to the US to be MDs.

as a US citizen, did you try to get into a US med school? Did you try getting a D.O. or osteopathic school? program directors will ask you, as a US citizen why did you not get into school here and with your low board scores (looks like from what you reported, you failed), it doesn't look good for you.

Remember you are competing with CT surgeons and ophthalmologists from other countries who are established physicians who want to come to the US too.

Study harder...programs will expect more from you.

There is no way you will get into Radiology with failing scores on step exams. even U.S. grads can't get in, many have to scramble or wait another year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »