Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post-scramble depressive psychosis ! -
Mer

I think the only problem with all of us - scramblers - was that we put a lot of hope into it, when we should have realized that it is just a 2 hour deal with programs looking for interviewed or citizens to fill in asap to save pains.
i also has all the arrangements, faxes, extra phone lines, cellphones, might have called about a 100 programs. i am dead sure that the cat. IM programs of the 55 unfilled, atleast 30 were filled in within 90 minutes. fax doesnt help. you NEED to talk to a coordinator, which needless to say is practically impossible in those critical hours. I have a feeling this scramble is too hyped up by NRMP and ERAS (offering free applications, that too 30), isnt that ridiculous, the hogging institutions coming down to philanthrophy , that too in the crucial time , when they could have exploited us for more money in our desperate situation - that simply goes to say that this entire thing doesnt make sense. Although i commend those FEW (even ur fingers might be too many to count them), who got thru in the postmatch, for all of us, the unlucky cohort, i should say there wasnt anything to get lucky in the first place. So the match is the only way to go.

I also realized this from the fact that not one program sends you replies or confirmations regarding the faxes, nor replies to emails (not even automated- we are filled- even that wud help), that simply is evidence to the fact that the programs just dont care.

Talk of scores, me and others who average 90, with some research or USCE and good lors, men... this gets so secondary in the entire ordeal where what the programs are looking for is - no visa hassles, interviewed candidates, GC or citizenship.

yes it should be unanimous - this thing sucks. they fooled us and we fell for it. its not just the money, its the agony that i loathe... and i would have been better off not scrambling at all, than just cribbing over my failure in it... uncessssantly.
img1

me in the same boat. hopeless efforts
ss

I can understand how you must be feeling now.I went through the whole thing last year and felt the same way ,it is a useless exercise, very frustrating. but now you should try to pick up the pieces and move on. I know it is easier said than done but good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »