Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anatomy - parmida
The spleen normally does not descend below the costal margin. However, it pushes downward and medially when pathologically enlarged. What structure limits the straight vertical downward movement?
a-left colic flexture
b-left suprarenal gland
c-ligament of treitz
d-pancreas
e-stomach
c?????
no
a..
right
a
Left colic flexure

The left colic flexure, also called the splenic flexure, is the point where the colon takes a sharp downward turn. This flexure is the point where the transverse colon ends and the descending colon begins. It is located immediately inferior to the spleen, so an enlarged spleen must move medially to avoid this colic flexure. The left suprarenal gland is a retroperitoneal structure which sits superior to the kidney. The suspensory muscle of the duodenum or ligament of Treitz is a thin sheet of muscle derived from the right crus of the diaphragm--it suspends the fourth part of the duodenum from the posterior abdominal wall. Both the pancreas and stomach lie medial to the speen. These organs would not prevent the spleen from descending inferiorly.

hi parmida, good q's what is the source, plz let me know and great explanation, u have good grip on anatomy.plz help me as iam very weak in anatomy.help me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »