Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obgyn observership - yvonne
yvonne and aphrodite
my thoughts abt obg r same as urs.s,people say thers no life if u take obg but im bent on taking it .thers risk in every field of medicine n little higher in obg,thats it.abt insurance ppl say 60% of ur earnings will be lost but i guess i ll be happy with 40% tht remains as long as im doing wht i like.
yvonne ,surprisingly im also interestd in infertility(reproductive gynecology)
i saw one obg prog where thay take ?3rd yr FP residents.hope someone throws light on this.
aphrodite and sc98,
thanks a lot for your replies.
the thing is that in my homecountry it is really difficult to get a PG seat, so although i wanted paediatrics i didn't get it, so i settled for OBGYN at that time.when i did the course i enjoyed it and was happy that i did take it. But after coming here again i feel a bit depressed as so many people are discouraging me.
also what would u consider a good reason for wanting to change specialty?i really have no idea.also for 60 % to go for insurance is a hugh amount when u consider our timings and the tension we have to go thru.
sc98 -if they take 3rd yr FP residents does that mean we have to do 3+4 yrs?
i am a mother and a hoping to finish things as soon as poss.
so what about u guys?
i was really positive about the whole thing till i came here.
by the way do u know anything about paid research?as i wud really like to do that.
anyway i'm really glad u to get u guys to share my views with as i feel so much better when i do. thanx a lot.keep in touch
yvonne
please include me
my email is docsa2
thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »