Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed! what to do now? - karan
hi all!
i have failed cs and retaking it.they have failed me in data collection and patient notes.lowest possible scores with star on the left..what should i do to improve? what should i interpret that was my history taking inadequate or i didnt ask all the needed questions or wat.....
i m just not able to decipher wat do they mean?
will u guys please help me.ur help will count a lot for me and others too.
thanks for time devotedSmile
dont give up,do usmle world.com cs course.practice talking and writing pt notes.where was ur center.write about your exam experience.
best of luck
Hi Karan!

Buy Fa CS and read it.. then look at some videos.. that will help you buildon confidencein note taking and writing notes. Focus on one book . Fa will help to write your notes... and also date collections.
How was your expereince taking the exam..? did you complete all the case.. ?What mistake you think you did writing your notes? I will be willing ot send you some videos.
Stay strong!!
GL
when did u take ur exam?
I failed the test once in data collection part too. I think I focused a lot on consultation part as I was heard that it's the most important part of the test, and I also was worried about the time, so I didn't do very well in data collection. For my second attempt, I used First Aids for step 2 cs and read all the cases and key questions about each patient. In my second attempt, I couldn't finish consultation in few cases but I asked key questions in each patient in data gathering part as much as I could and I passed the test this time. As I infered, it is not important how many questions do you ask the patients, but you must ask the important questions according to each patient's chief complaint, which is related to the possible diagnosis. For the patient notes, try to see if you can finish your note in 10 minutes and then try to practice to be able to write a systematic and informative note in 10 minutes. Try to practice the cases in the first aid with someone or imaginary patients and simulate the real test. Do not sacrifice one part of the test for another part, all parts are important for passing the test. First Aid is a very good book.
Good luck
how could you guys know which part of CS you failed ?
took cs 20 days ago. feel not good . what to do ?
karan--

when did you get your score report (i.e., did you gusess that you failed through the OASIS trick?)--i..e, was it due for release on August 16? Or did you take it back before May 15, so that it was released in June?
Karan,

How many weeks did it take to get your results back?
Did it take up to 8 weeks?

If I may ask, did you get a questionnaire in the mail from NBME regarding the Step 2 CS ExaM?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »