Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
counselling of trichomonas vaginilis case - tiks
i dont know how to counsell exactly in a patient with known trichomonas vaginitis..
pl help me .

thanx
I got this case in my CS. I told the patient: It is very important to have your BF come and get checked. He has to go through some proper treatment too. Otherwise you will be at risk of getting reinfection. The chanlenging Q she raised is: Doctor, I just have one sexual partner, how come did I get this disease? Is it possible that I got it from my boy friend?

Tell her that it is one of the possibilities. She might probably contract the disease from some publisc area, like sauna or swimming pool etc. Tell her: Dont worry. This is totally treatable. I will give you a prescription later.

No need to do PE in such a case. The SP was in her own clothes.

PN writing is easy too, since no PE part is needed.
thanx denille,
this would help me a lot!!
Do we have to ask anything else other than pamhugsfoss? This is the case I am least familiar with.
Other than Pmhugsfoss, yes, you have to go through the questions on current disease too. I started like this:

I know you came yesterday and already had a physical examination done so you dont have to go through another one today. But since I was not the physician on call yesterday so I have to ask you some questions about your current situation and your past health history, will that be all right?

Then proceed with the questions on signs and symptoms, onset, quantity, color, ordor, etc. (you have to do your homework about what else should be asked. I took my cs several months ago. I forgot a lot of details.) Then Pamhugsfoss. You will have plenty of time doing good counseling in this case. This is just like the phone case, a relatively easy one.
Thank you very much danille.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »