Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If offered a pre-match, but still have interviews - ninerr
thank you
will take that to heart and remember it
hi ninerr,

My Mom used to say: most valuable is 1 bird on your hand than 2 flying,,,,,,,,,gl, dany
All I can say is for every person who did not accept prematch and did not match there are atleast 5 others who have declined a prematch and matched in their top 5. So if the prematch is in ur top3 then u could accept it unless u r a stellar candidate and have many more promising intvws. Well the 1:5 ratio is from what I have seen and heard...but there are a lot of people who accept prematches....hard to know what would have been otherwise.
Bottomline-if u need h1 and the program is among ur top5 accept prematch...
My friend was offered pre-match at a lousy hospital but he refused.......he then was offered pre-match at a very good hospital.So you see......refusing a pre-match need not be a bad thing.I also know someone who refused 3 pre-matches but followed his dreams and ended up matching at Mayo Clinic!

If you have just 2 interviews and 1 offers pre-match then I would say accept it.....but if you have like 9 I/V then you r in the position to not accept.Also if all your interview places are like the same then it may worthwhile to ponder over and even consider it.On the other hand u have 2 ends of the spectrum.......very very good programs and very lousy program then think before signing the forms if the pore-match is the one which comes towards the bottom of your list. Many programs usually give some time to decide on it without u even asking for it.

Its a catch 50-50 situation whether to accept it or not.....follow wht your heart tells you not wht others tell you......after all its you who will be doing the residency and its your ambitions/career in the line of fire!

Lastly......sometimes in life you've got to take risks to forge ahead and be successful.......you cant play it safe everytime.........decide the risk factor for yourself and if you're willing to take it.

thank you
nice suggestions, like this thread.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »