Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My previous exam eperiance - auerrod
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I've noticed that folks have given their exam eperiance after passing. Well, here's a new twist.....my experiance after 'failing'!! Here's what NOT to do.
I took the exam 6 mo ago while doing residency. I studied for approx. one 1/2 month. Studied Kaplan S3 notes for Peds/OBG/Psych and Surg'y, read Crush TB 2x and did the UW Q's once. I was getting 55% on UW. Did not do NBME Q's, practiced the CCS CD sent by FSMB (only 5 cases) 3X. Read 80 cases given to me by my collegue. I felt that 7 out of 9 cases went well on the exam day. I Failed with 73% on the real exam!!
NOW, here's what I plan to do.....I'll do UW Q's subject wise and 'look up' things I don't know. I'll take the NBME exam 1 week before the exam. I'll practice the CCS cases that are not on the FSMB cd. I'll do the Kaplan Q book and, if time permits do the Q-bank. Hopefully, since I've finished residency I'll be more focused.
Do you guys have any other inputs for me ? Please advise....thanks in advance!
hi auerrod
i 'm in the same boat i failed with 73 while doing residency i did uw earlier now i 'm planning to do kaplan q bank and i will do more stress on ccs cases because i guess thats the key to pass exam. i took my exam one month ago and will retake it in november last week
good luck
http://www.wadsworth.org/chemheme/heme/m...uerrod.htm

Good luck and well planned.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »