Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
;) - aphrodite
thanks blue...happy studying Smile
shikhaji, I know its very difficult adjusting in new working conditions but I am sure you will like it in long run especially when you think of medical ethics. Its unbearable situation in india esp in private practice.
Aphro, good job....check out these programs:

1. LSU Baton Rougue small program, 135 beds, 12C spots. University based, benefits not good. I heard that's it's a good old boys club...check it out for yourself and see what you think. Also, it™s very difficult to get a fellowship afterwards. Programs website not on Frieda.

2. LSU Lafyette small program, 124 beds with 8C spots. Program director has Indian name. Benefits not good like most university programs. Website, like most LSU websites is difficult to navigate.

3. Michigan State Uni/ Kalamazoo center for medical studies About 700 beds/two hospitals. Seem to have 10C spots. They do taut international experience, 1 elective in Madagascar for tropical medicine which it definitely tauts as a selling point. It™s uni affiliated community health center. Benefits sound reasonable. The two residents reviews which say it is really good. 70%FMG™s. Looking at the website current medical peoplesounds like it's 100% FMG™s. I can't get any info on thier requirements. I know you're interested in fellowships and one opinion states about 50% go to fellowhips.

4. Wayne State “Grace Community hospital with uni affilation 16C spots with 800 bed hospital. Decent benefits. It's supposed to be a good program with IMG™s. Doesn™t have it™s own fellowhips. Website says >82 USMLE scores

5. St. Lukes-Roosevelt 700 beds, metropolitan NYC. 48 spots. Uni affiliated CORNELL!! Some FMGs. Many go off to fellowship. Benefits are good.

6. NY hospital medical center small hospital 450 beds, has it™s own fellowship programs. Community with Strong affilitaiton with cornell uni. This also has an affiliation with CONRELL and is the key to the program. Good benefits.

7. U of Oklahoma “ OK city 800 beds/2 hospitals, 24 spots total, with 18C spots. They want scores of >89 for FMG's according to some sources. Benefits are good. 2 LoR™s. Overall the program is very good.

8. Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas community hospital 705 beds 12p/6c spots. 50% go into fellowships. Benefits are excellent. Website does not have any application info. It's supposed to be a really nice and homely program. It's hard to get any info if they are IMG friendly

9. UT Health science center at San Antonio “RACH program small program 470 beds, 5c spots, no P spots. Uni affiliated, seems like a nice place. There's not much info out there about this program

Hope that helps....
vitriol Smile dunno what to say.....thank you seems...lil less! Smile
my pleasure
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »