Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[pedi at mid - night ] - match__obsessed
48. A 9-year-old girl is brought to the clinic with complaints of fatigue, abdominal pain and low grade fever. Four days ago her mother noticed a red rash on the tops of her daughter's feet, which has now spread to her thighs and buttocks. The rash was initially small red dots, but has now become patches. Her daughter subsequently developed periumbilical, cramping, abdominal pain. Review of systems is positive only for a respiratory viral illness three weeks ago. Her temperature is 37.7 C (99.8 F), pulse is 96/min, and respirations are 18/min. Abdominal examination is remarkable for tenderness to palpation near the umbilicus, but the abdomen is otherwise soft, with no rebound or guarding, and no organomegaly. Raised, palpable purpuric lesions are present on the buttocks and thighs. The ankles are tender and edematous bilaterally. Complete blood count reveals a leukocyte count of 9,000/mm3. Her hemoglobin 12. 6 g/dL, and platelets are 325,000/mm3. Serum electrolytes are normal. Which of the following is her urinalysis most likely to reveal?
a) Elevated levels of copper
b)Glucosuria
c)Red blood cells
d)White blood cell casts
e)Yeast
c?
HUS !
HSP-
ans is C.
forgive my obsession on HUS - it even comes on my dream u konw the E coli and its tel #
Red blood cells
C.henoch scholeaon purpurs..excuse my spellings please
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »