Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the 99ers - ease_doc
years ago there was only one or two series of books to prepare for the USMLE(FMGEMS era), one of my relatives told me he prepared his exam from his university lectures and two NMS books, and most of those who pass the exam get a spot. now the situation is absolutely different.
I think you don't know the meaning of percentile. And u imagine more people getting it even though the no. of candidates in last 5 yrs are not that different. It's only that many people started surfing this usmleforumsite/ internet based communication that reveals things that were already there,,, i.e. 99 yrs,,, yrs ago/decade ago. Think. that's why not everybody get's 99 cause not all think rationally.gl.
and if many people started to get 99 (because percentile is compared with the average score from the previous yrs) they will increase the 3 digit score required to score the same 99. Or they may use more scoring values to get same 3 digit score. If u can't understand now ,, just don't try to. Forget it , work hard and good luck. Yes sometimes average people can also get 99 and genius sometimes fails to get it, exception does exist.
libido,
your analysis is right to some extent. As other country, US also trying to be independent for doctors. It is increasing AMG products and by the end of 2010(?) it will produce enough docs for USA. After that it will be toughest time for us. So we will have harder time if not get this year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »