Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc/pt-43 - marie99
Go with BBBB
B, Betablocker2 let her to die because of her asthma
too easy for you ........................ all of you ,congratulations............

Pashna you are confusing me "but just a thought, she hasnt been asthmatic since 10 yrs ... and it doesnt say shes been on anti asthamatic meds"............................

it is simple propranolol & asthma "not a good combo"

Ans: B explain that propranolol is not a good drug for her

This patient most likely has performance anxiety, which is a form of social phobia. The treatment usually involves beta-blockers before a performance to decrease the symptoms.

However, a patient with severe asthma should avoid beta-blockers because they can cause bronchoconstriction and precipitate into an asthmatic attack.

A pulmonary function test and a chest x-ray are not indicated at this time. U already know that she has asthma that has required hospitalizations and the results of these tests are unlikely to change your management.

A referral to a psychiatrist may be helpful in treating her performance anxiety, but she is in your office for propranolol, so it is your responsibility to first try to explain to her that her asthma makes her a bad candidate for this treatment.

U should not prescribe propranolol for her to take before her performances because she has severe asthma, which makes beta-blockers a dangerous medication for her. Beta-blockers can cause airway obstruction, which may lead to worsening asthma.
so whats the alternative to propranolol for performance anxiety>>?? alparax.. prozac??
yeah..give her BZD's..that will allay anxiety.
Alcohol..................... will do the trick,eh CD.
alcohol...
right now i call baileys chocolate milk
wine grape juice..!!!!
gossshhh alcohol.. when will i see u again!!!!
yeaa would give her alprax..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »