Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toolate - toolate
Dear Step 1s,
This is my first time in this forum. Many thanks for sharing your expericens and stories. I am a very very old IMG (1991) with 6 years postgraduted education in ENT and had 9 years research experiences in US with many publications. I have a full time job and a dream to become a doctor again (Pathology?). Do I have any chances?

Good luck,
Toolate
It is not late
Brother / sis , First lose the attitude. it is never too late for anything in life,to find love, career or happiness.
You have a gem in your crown that is "EXPERIENCE" which many of us dont have. 9 yrs research experience your "GREATEST" asset
You have plenty of chances, wake up , smell the roses & start new today.
Work hard towards your dreams.
TO get an education it is never too late
Best wishes.
Never is too late !!!!!!

With all this experience you have , your years from graduation do not matter much.
My hubby got into residency of his choice in the programe of his choice after 16 years from his graduation .

You can make your dreams come true by working hard.
I have read in the life story of dr S. Nissen, president of Am. coll card. he was telling that his father had started speciality training in ob/gyn after the age of 40.
toolate
sometimes for myself I think of leaving clinical area and be a researcher only. What do you say for this any advice from your side?
Many thanks for all your advices!

About cemmsk's question, my advice is that to be a researcher you must truly like do science, enjoy it even most your experiments are failure, always have new ideals and never think about to give up like me.

Toolate
It is never too late for anything. There is no stop for anything until you stop it.
we all are trying for this. One day with the grace of god we all will be doctors..........
GoodLuck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »