Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my prep till now for step1(?effective) - dr_tsr
hi everybody, let me be frank with you in the method of preparation I'm into, I went through the Kaplan material briefly & started doing various sorts of Qs, I was initially very poor in answering as I was very keen to findout the diagnosis & then(many of them are quoted though) approach took a long time & often got distracted.well buddies I for sure noticed that its not the way to answer, eventually now say after practicing for ~3 mnths I got an idea of the Qs, more importantly not waste the time in going thr the whole Q multiple times(believe me it distracts u) rather try to find the important part of it, DO NOT NEGLECT THE AGE/SEX/ETENICITY of the pt,it gives u >50% of answer most of the times,DO NOT PANIC BY SEEING THE SLIDES/GRAPHS out of my experience I could find everything I need in the Q itself,the ECG patterns are the simple ones & again the easy way u can answer is just don panic & check the Q it obviously asks u about a basic thing.
some topics how I found very imp & almost recurred all the time.....fo instance...........
black-sickle-sarcoidosis-Burkit/jews-taysacs/white-rule of f(chocystitis)/third world-TB/cholera/Reiters/trachoma(young sexually active adult is in west).mediteranian-mediteranianfev/thalassemia.rat urine-weils,cat-tox,bart.hensele(dont confuse cat scratch/tox)/chineese rest,rice-basillus serius..etc,etc.alcoholic mother-frgileX(asked many times in different ways) hutigtons. out of glycoge storage...by far mostly asked is Mcardle(somebody exhausts after physical work,recall mus.phosphorylase) lyso.stor-gaucher/tay(*)/neimanpick. anat-#scaph(*) dislocate-lunate/surg neck hum(*)-axillary/ant.dislocation shoulder(*)radial,ulnar,median-out of these most of the times median is stressed(young female-carpel tunnel)do not neglect UL.deep peroneal/common peroneal-footdrop is most popular.they love to ask MOA of warfarin-Rx for AF,bleeding diathesis c cimitidine(gyn.mastia) monitor PT,preg CI(*) 2,7,9,10/anti vitK.heparin-safe in preg/antithrombin3/???INR, stk/tpr plasmin-plasminogen etc etc.BPH/ca.prost..........so there are many like this which we come to know if we practice doing Qs.I have much to say 'bot it & as u all know its impossible now.but I'll keep on metioning some more things & these things may help somebody. I'll get back soon again.thx everybody u r just great & I go through this forum often.
Wow Dr. Tsr, thanks for taking the time to give us a few tips, i appreciate it very much.
you are helping so many people . thank you & God bless & Best wishes for a bright future.
Wow Dr. Tsr, thanks for taking the time to give us a few tips, i appreciate it very much.
you are helping so many people . thank you & God bless & Best wishes for a bright future.
Thanks a lot dr-tsr for your great tricks for helping us to manage better our study. Your help is greatly appreciated. God bless you!! I hope that you will have a big success in all your exams.
Thanks a lot dr-tsr for your great tricks for helping us to manage better our study. Your help is greatly appreciated. God bless you!! I hope that you will have a big success in all your exams.
thx goldfish & yelito61, all da best.
thx goldfish & yelito61, all da best.
sure shahana_palammd, all da best
sure shahana_palammd, all da best
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »