Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we ask for a prematch directly? - drzx
do u offer prematch u can ask that even if they don't offer it 2 u they keep u in mind while making the ROL for applicants
I won't use the Mullin's approach. It seems you want to bribe the guy. What is illegal by the NRMP rules is to ask the other party how high they plan to rank you...so you can't ask something like "will I be ranked?" or "will my rank be high enough to match here?"...Mullin's way is an indirect way of asking this as well (another reason not to use it).

It is NOT illegal to voluntarily tell the other party about your intentions. So saying "I was very happy with this interview, you will definitively be ranked highly" is not illegal. So, saying something like: "I really loved your program, and for sure will be my top choice...I'll even sign right now", express your opinion, and if the program is one of those that offers prematch, they will know your intentions and, if interested, might offer it.

But, on my experience, if the program is interested in you, they will offer the prematch regardless if you said or not that you were willing to sign it. As I said several times, I always avoided giving any hint of desire of prematch (since I didn't want it), but I was still offered it more times that I would have liked to.

Good luck and hope this helps.
I won't use the Mullin's approach. It seems you want to bribe the guy. What is illegal by the NRMP rules is to ask the other party how high they plan to rank you...so you can't ask something like "will I be ranked?" or "will my rank be high enough to match here?"...Mullin's way is an indirect way of asking this as well (another reason not to use it).

It is NOT illegal to voluntarily tell the other party about your intentions. So saying "I was very happy with this interview, you will definitively be ranked highly" is not illegal. So, saying something like: "I really loved your program, and for sure will be my top choice...I'll even sign right now", express your opinion, and if the program is one of those that offers prematch, they will know your intentions and, if interested, might offer it.

But, on my experience, if the program is interested in you, they will offer the prematch regardless if you said or not that you were willing to sign it. As I said several times, I always avoided giving any hint of desire of prematch (since I didn't want it), but I was still offered it more times that I would have liked to.

Good luck and hope this helps.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »