• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can anyone give some hint in these strange Qs? - milkincup
house staff are the residents .. a resident is called a house officer
thanks, lordhavemercy,

do you have any idea about other Qs?
thanks, lordhavemercy,

do you have any idea about other Qs?
good morning, everyone!!!!

it has been very quiet here on the usmle forum. guess everybody is busy in interviewing. but dont forget to help with these questions. good luck!!!
good morning, everyone!!!!

it has been very quiet here on the usmle forum. guess everybody is busy in interviewing. but dont forget to help with these questions. good luck!!!
possibility of being sued...?

First of all I would try to prevent such a situation. Good medical practice, effective communication with patient,...informed consent, proper documentatoin of all events,....blah.... will help. Make an appointment with that person and explain to him about every aspect of your treatment rationale in detail. In many cases better understanding about disease and available treatments can pre-empt legal action. If the patient is bent on suing , don't get upset or emotionally involved, show him the right way and availble legal options ( at the same time continuing your moral and emotional support towards him). I can't think of any thing more........!!! any additions...???
possibility of being sued...?

First of all I would try to prevent such a situation. Good medical practice, effective communication with patient,...informed consent, proper documentatoin of all events,....blah.... will help. Make an appointment with that person and explain to him about every aspect of your treatment rationale in detail. In many cases better understanding about disease and available treatments can pre-empt legal action. If the patient is bent on suing , don't get upset or emotionally involved, show him the right way and availble legal options ( at the same time continuing your moral and emotional support towards him). I can't think of any thing more........!!! any additions...???
1. it's not a good idea, since most americans hate unionization. if u r on visa, u CAN'T join any union, it's black n white in the immigration laws.
2. i will think of my specialty...
5. actually it might not be a bad idea, so many european countries have success with it. the main concern in US is how to implement it while still give people control over their own health care.
1. it's not a good idea, since most americans hate unionization. if u r on visa, u CAN'T join any union, it's black n white in the immigration laws.
2. i will think of my specialty...
5. actually it might not be a bad idea, so many european countries have success with it. the main concern in US is how to implement it while still give people control over their own health care.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »