Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 49-year-old woman - malak
A 49-year-old woman presents with a complaint of urinary incontinence. In presenting her history she relates that in her early 20s she finished law school, passed the bar, and worked as an assistant district attorney for several years. She then married and worked as a stay-at-home mom for a decade, raising three children until they were well established in elementary school. At the age of 48 she reentered the law profession as an assistant to a prominent defense attorney. She says the job is very stressful and adding to that is the stress of still caring for her kids and husband. However, she adds that for the past 3 months her ultimate problem is sudden and uncontrollable urges to urinate, which are occurring more and more frequently. She states: œIt is not only embarrassing but it forces me to interrupt presentations, leave social occasions, and so on. What is my problem? Can you help me? After concluding a physical examination that rules out cystitis, urethritis, tumors, stones, diverticulosis, and an outflow obstruction among other physical problems, which of the following is the proper response?

A: Your problem is stress incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by reducing the stress you are under.
B: Your problem is known as detrusor hyperreflexia incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by proper medication.
C: Your problem is overflow incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by minor
D: Your problem is functional incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by a set of exercises.
E: Your problem is known as secondary incontinence and can be alleviated by curing the primary cause.
wel very confusin..
can someone throw light on this plzzz
uncontrollable urges to urinate
hmmmmmmmmmm.
is it c??????
B: Your problem is known as detrusor hyperreflexia incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by proper medication-----rt answer
hmmmmmmmmmmm.
thanx...
uncontrollable urges to urinate- this is hint. hmmmmmmmmm.
If any body can help me with Kaplan Step 2 qbank please.
I want to see for few days.

Nasir
ans: b
b...........
B: Your problem is known as detrusor hyperreflexia incontinence, and symptoms can be alleviated by proper medication. ---rt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »