Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News + Confusion! - doc_keanu
Friends, I have a good news and a genuine concern.

I had an interview with a hosp in philly and they hinted that they were interested in giving me a pre-match. That's the good news.

1. If they do give me a pre-match, how long will I have to be here 'in person' after signing the contract ?

2. Somehow, my gut feeling says, I should stay back till I get the I-797. But, my visitor visa is expiring in 15 days and I have not filed an extension yet. Is it fine to book for a visitor visa extension 15 days before the expiry?

There is another reason I want to extend my stay. The airlines have exorbitant rates to post pone my date. They are charging me $1000!

The BASELINE ISSUE is that I do not want to be messing up anything after having given a H1 Pre-match. If the homeland security denies my extension etc, will I facing toruble with my H1 issuance?

It would really be very helpful if anyone who applied for visitor visa extensions or can give opinion to these concerns of mine.

Thank you!
Come on, guys. Any one, Please! I just have a couple of days...

congratulation on pre match offer. as for as extension is concerned they say thet you should apply 6 weeks before ur 1 94 expires , i am also on extension and they send me conformation after 10-12 day of filing my case but actual decision came after 2 months at that time my entry was expired but legally you can stay till you case decsion..

but ur concern is very genuine if they deny ur extension you have immediatly leave us on day odf decision... i got all this information from: immihelp.com .visit that site where all information is given.

GL
Thx! Cool_75. I apprciate your help. Did you send you original I-94 or a photocopy?

And did you provide a bank statement?

i send photo cope........ and told that i have money in the form of trvel checks.
photo copy
can u plz tell me which phill hospital did u prematch

What I dont understand is why do you worry going back will ruin your H1? From what I've heard the hospital can apply for H1 even if you're not around and then it is mailed directlt to your international address. You can then get visa stamped from embassy and travel back to US.

Maybe I am wrong
you can go home and ask the programe to sent the pre match contract at r=the adress at yor home country.talk about it to your programe that will help i guess
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »