Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help me to answer - padma90
hi friends,

i got one interview,i want to do my best,what will be my answer for this question?i had come to USA in 2002 but i gave exams only in 2006 both step 1 and step 2 and csa.what will be my best answer for this question.there was 5 years gap.in your CV there is gap of 5 yrs.what to ans? i had lot of personel prolems?
I don't now where you came from but my friend had 2 years gap.she said that she went to language course and took time to adapt to this country and the prepared to the exams so this excuse was ok.
definitely you cleared up your exams recently thats a good sign that you still now everything about medicine.They will think this way I guess.
gl
First of all don't say "you have personal problems"
You can say, you were studying for usmle, you were working as a something (I don't know what???) doing observership...find something related to medicine...
Don't ever, never say you have problems!!!
If you really had problems serious enough to disrupt your career, I don't see any point in lying that you were adjusting and stuff. This one time where you can be modest. Its upto the listener to understand it.
God bless you.
Even if you have problems your USMLE scores explains your determination and commitment for your career. the interviewer just wants to know how motivated you are and your limitations. try to explain and be confident. I found that the interviewers are good listeners too. don't be shy or reserved . talk and say as much as its appropriate to make it right.
I don't think IV is a good place to talk about your personal problems (even they stayed in the past)
I don't know what kind of problem you had but try to use them in a positive way ( if you have to)
you can say "even I had lots of concerns and responsibilities I could manage to take all of USMLE exams and pass them on my first attempt/ with high scores ...something like that....

Don't expect them to understand your situation and make an emphaty...
Be confident, talk clearly (not fast!), tell them how much you like the program ( tell PC not only PD!!! and residents )
send thank you letter to everyone (PD, PC, Residents if you have their email adresses)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »