Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa experts need advice! - dr_x
if someone is being offered H1b applicable for 3 yrs (meaning, no stamping required every year from home country)....but passport is gona expire in next one and half year, what would be best option to do?
make a new passpaort after expiry, they will attach old passport with valid visa to newer one
After renewal If you carry both old and new passports that will be enough.
helpert, and student, that you very much.
Further I would like to know......considering the scenarios,,since the passport is still valid for next one and half year...but i am applying for 3 yr H1b (which is usually 1yr h1b in many cases), with the help of my attorney and H1b as being sponsored by the program...........is there any chance that i may not be able to get approval for full 3 yr H1b ? and even if it gets approved for 3 yrs, is there any chance that i may not b able to get it stamped for full 3 yrs on my passport from my country?
will I have to get it stamped in that situation again from my country once i get new passport after a year or so? what shud i do?
I would highly appreciate your valuable input. Thank you.
I think if you have 6 months valid passport that will be enough for H1 stamping. For renewal you can go to your country embassy in usa.
Thank you student....do u think that even with one and half yr valid passport, i will still be able to get 3 yr H1b visa without further need of stamping every year in between?
Yes, I think I am very positive about it.
thank u very much ....u have proven very useful
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »