Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST IV.....Advice pls... - ease_doc
Guys....after almost 3 months of waiting I got my first IV call...!!!!... Now...what to do... what to bring to the IV....what to ask?? pls some advice...how to get a prematch??tks.
Hope is alive !
know everything about the program in and out..know interests of the PD and few publications..be clear in ur mind what u want from the prrograma dn what u can give the program and stay relaxed...and pray and trust urself..be polite and dont be arrogant.
if the program has a website, learn everything about the program from their website and during the interview show them that you throughly investigated about their program before, be yourself during the interview, do not ask for prematch if you're not sure that they gave prematch before. do not ask questions that they have already mentioned in their site. Good luck

The cardinal and the sine qua non of impressing in an interview is

EXPRESSING YOUR ENTHUSIASM ABOUT THE PROGRAM which can be done in various ways:

1. Whatever it is show your liveliness and energy

2. as said know about the program to a good level

3. Prepare common questions like : Why this program, why this place, what r u strengths

4.Do not ask questions for the sake of asking questions

5. Know your CAF and CV well. Make sure you know what you have written.

6.With respect to residents take the chief residents email or people who are from your same state.this might help you later.Just be relaxed with them

7.Try to reduce performance anxiety.We know it is your first interview and this is the most difficult factor to manage.To avoid this do not prepare the day before the interview

I agree with what is said above.
It is important to be relaxed and self confident.
best of luck.
Thank you guys....wish you all the best... !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »