Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
withdraw without record left? - sillyboy
hi, guys, because of the poor scheduling, i can not finish all the exams before february; however, i already applied several programs, sure, no interviews absolutely. my questions is, if i withdraw from this year's match now, what should i do? when i apply next year, i mean, this fall, will the record show i have applied once and withdrew? will the program noticed that this guy is a loser last year? or, how i can avoid this?

thanks a lot for suggestions
No, NO, NO.

You are registered with ERAS, you didn't say if you already registered with NRMP.
But, very important But, even if you are registered with NRMP..you will not be allowed by NRMP to participate in the match because you have not met the requirements to do so by the deadline.

If you have'nt registered with NRMP, there's nothing to withdraw from.
If you have registered with NRMP, then NRMP will automatically withdraw you from the match at some date specified by them prior to the match. Go to website and check it out. yourself.

ERAS and NRMP do not keep records from one match season to the next.
Not completely true. They retain aamc id.
your aamc id is tied to you for life.

The reason you have to resubmit documents each and every year, if you don't pass, is because they purge/delete/get rid of them every July.
That's why ERAS and NRMP is shut down during that period.

The only record NRMP keeps is if and when you successfully match.
They have to in order to track length of time spent in PG training so you can be eligible for board certification.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »