Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this mean?? plz... - ease_doc
guys...PD to me " I will put you on the list".....what does this mean? Good chances of matching???
That you will be in the list...if you will match or not will depend on the ROL of the people that are ranked above you at that program. From what I know, programs rank around 5-8 persons per position, sometimes a little more, depending on how competitive is the program and how confident they are on filling their positions.

Good luck
..so...I if rank this particular program as my number one,,,do I have pretty good chances??? tks necker.
Maybe...there's no way too know. The only way to be sure will be to know they will rank within the first, for example, 18 candidates in a program with 18 positions. All you know is that they said they will rank you..and that may be at the position #100.

Anyway, that MUST NOT influence your ranking decision. If you like this program more than the others, then rank it first. If you liked 3 programs more than this one, then rank it fourth.

Good luck
tks necker... I assume that the ROL is based on particular preferences,,,,and also on how one "feels" the program and chances,,,,tks for the advice,,,,GL to U.
Rank according to your preferences, do not use assumptions regarding your chances when making the list.
I am confused,,,,how can I ignore my chances? What if my dream program interview was not that promising?,,,,therefore i think that I should rank carefully and realistically.....you know what I mean? I am very confused right now.
Rank your dream program first...if you don't match there, bad luck, you still will match at the other program if they ranked you high enough. Take a look at the Match Algorithm at the NRMP website, it is well explained. But, in short, yes, ignore your chances...there's no such thing as carefully and realistically when it comes to your ranking list.

Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »