Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronx-Leb Surgery interview - incision
surgery candidates,
wud u consider bronx-leb when u had already interviewed for 5 other surgical jobs
that depends on you...

In my case I wouldn't... as I dont liked the area, the hospital nor the program.

GL!
hi ahre
did u interview there...
if i can remember, u cancelled it !!! didn't u
is it such a bad program
how about a pre-lim surg there...u think it wud be safe
Exactly...

I had the opportunity to visit Bronx area and the hospital 1 month before during another IV visit...

When I saw this spot as an entire thing I realise that I wouldn't like to be there....however, if that were my only chance I think I would grab it..

COnsidering a Prelim SPot is always tricky in surgery... You just dont know where are you going to be next year...

Advantages of getting Prelim in B-L could be that they might convert it into categorical next yearn as this occurs more often than in Univ Based Prog...

However, I dont know much how other PDs would see that you didnt get the Cat convers in a Low Average Commun Based Hosp when you pursue a cat spot at another Program. I dont know how this backgorund could be benefical/deletreous in your CV when looking for a cat spot next year...

I made my choice and quit to this program...

But this is personal... and what ever you chose you have to be confident about it and do not look back...

I wish you the best!

;-)
thanks dude..
i appreciate ur input..
got lot of thinking tonight.. :-00
GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »