Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign degree accreditation/eqivalency? - gemstone
Is there any way we can get a foreign medical degree made equivalent or accredited as a bachelor's in the US? How do you go about this?

I donot know what exactly u mean by ur que...You can get your foreign MBBS,MBChB or whatever is equivalent to a MD in the USA by ECFMG certification provided ur Med school is in the ACGME list of foreign schools which are recognised in the USA...I hope I'm right this timeSmile
ECFMG certification doesn't mean a thing outside of getting a residency.

I mean when you're applying for alternate jobs out here, and if you have a foreign degree, is there some approved govt agency you can contact, to see whether our medical degrees can be made equivalent into a bachelor's degree?
Your MD degree will never be = to a B.S. Remember a MD is more. I don't know why you want to know this, but if you are in NY lookin for teaching position they thake your MD. i AM DOING IT KNOW
It's not technically an MD, but an MBBS. How is an MBBS more than a bachelor's? Are you saying it's equivalent to a Master's Degree in the US?

What do you mean teaching position, teaching what, and at which level?
Why am I considering this? Isn't it obvious? Because there's no guarantee of matching anywhere!
cuenda, what are you applying for? How do you know they take a foreign med degree?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »