Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Papri! - upsups
Could you please tell me more about Richmond university medical programme in staten island Pediatics dept

Their new website is under construction so could you please tell me how to get the information about the progrmme and residents and faculties?

Thanks.
sorry, i don't have any idea about that. In november, they sent me an invitation with no info and i had to search in google for which pgm or specialty i got the invitation from cos I have also applied to IM there. They just gave the names of 2 pgm coordinators Dori/ Jessica. I had to find out Dori is the name of PC in Peds department. It was quite frustrating.

On the iv day you will be interviewed by Ush Thomas- assistant PD, Dr. Simon ( PD), Dr. Siracuse ( Neonatologist) and may be some other faculty members. Dr. Simon may ask clinical q. Dr. Siracuse is soooooooo nice. They have lodging for the residents in the hosp area for cheaper rate ( $ 750 - 2 bed).
Hope that helps. GL to you.
thanks papri! you have been a great help.
I got an IV invitaton yesterday on phone and I talked to dr.Kuff or something ..Do you know anyone called dr kuff? later got an e mail from Dori.Where did you stay during interview?Can you recommend some places beside the ones they have send?

What kind of medical Qs do they ask?really tough?What was your impression overall about the programme?

I stayed in NY long Island with my relatives. We rented a car and drove there. The iv started from 7.45 am, so we started around 5 in the morning. You have to think about the bad traffic of NY and start ahead of your iv time.
I don't know anyone named Dr. Kuff.

Medical qs varies. They asked me about hemolytic uremic syndrome.

The pgm is nice. Staten Island is better than NY to live in. I may be wrong. But that's what I felt. They hep their residents to find fellowships.

Minus point: the hosp is sold out due to debt to another company, dont know how it can affect the residents or not. They have let go some of their residents very recently. Inquiry about that.
thanks once again..Yes I did read about the hospital being sold out in 10 million to other company..I'll really have to inquire more about that..

I'll most likely stay in a hotel as they start at 7:45 am.How did you like the residents?Are they all imgs?

I hope Im not bothering you..Can you give me your email ID Please?
They are all imgs, mostly indians, some chinese, works very hard, lots of scut works, but Ny pgms are like that, good for teaching though. my email id is nilshaluk
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »