Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
renal disease - paganini
A 22 year-old woman presents with the acute onset of renal failure and hypertension one month after giving birth. Her pregnancy was uncomplicated, the delivery was unremarkable, and she has no previous history of renal disease or hypertension. Urinalysis reveals hematuria and proteinuria but no casts. Findings on renal biopsy are consistent with which one of the following?
a. preeclampsia
b. eclampsia
c. SLE
d. hemolytic uremic syndrome
e. DIC
f. poststreptococal glomerulonephritis
g. ateroembolic renal disease

*I must say that the original question has light micrographs in the options instead of giving the diagnosis, since I cannot post the pictures in the forum I wrote the diagnoses (which were not given); so in the original question you have to think an step forward, by looking the the histology slides and chosing the one that you think is correct.
I dont know the picture, but I vote for c) lupus nephropathy
DDD
agree HUS,
Everyone in this forum is looking for this and that but how many use all download or forwarded stuffs?

Only few peole answer when someone post, but many look at it. Helloo

What is goin here, thank ulise and paganini for posting and answering.

sao.

HUS is correct.
DDx in postpartum renal failure are preeclampsia and HUS. Timing between the onset of renal failure and delivery is often helpful to differentiate between both. I suggest to to goggle HUS renal pic.
Interesting ! Life would have been much easier had they given a blood count/blood picture as well ! Good going mates !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »