Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Psych programs!1? - realup
Hi all
I have been following this forum for a while..by far this is most informative and sane..
I dont see any body posting about Psychiatry programs..how they have ranked etc..
I have only applied Psych..gone to a few ivs....Can anybody shre their psych iv experiences,expectations..ROl etc
thanks
realup. i didn't apply to psych. you could type psych in search on the left to check
realup, if u want to share the kind of information you want....u have to start by giving yours first then people will follow. how does that sound?
Sounds fair..I am 1999 grad..USMLE 80/82/77,EAD,
6months USCE,1yr research
ROL
All PSYCH
SLU,MO
UCON,CT
UOL,KY
UNM,NM
Pennstate/HMC,PA
etc..My best experiences were at UNM Albuquerque and UCON,CT ..worst were at Cabrini,NY and Howard,DC
Can any body share!?
realup-
I interviewed at Howard too- it was terrible. I thought SLU had a good program and were very resident friendly with a great philosophy towards teaching but was not impressed with St. Louis. I also liked PennState but again Hersey was too quite to spend four years. I ended up taking a prematch so don't have a ROL. I've heard UCONN and New Mexico were great programs but didn't get interviews at either... from what I've heard- I would probably rank them higher than SLU. Did you interview anywhere else in New York?
Hi diggy
First of all congrats....you escaped this painful waiting..

Yep..you are right I should have ranked UNM & UCON above SLU but job opportunities for my spouse are too little in Albuquerque and too many in St.louis..Cost of living is little high in Hartford relative to st.louis I think.
I was ived at West chester medical center,valhalla& Albany medical center apart from cabrini in newyork
didnt interview in any of the programs that u did. some of the programs i interviewed said they want to take amg and will rank img only if amgs dont choose to come there. so i feel like i wont match. good luck to you, some of the programs u have prefer amgs also but who knows u might have impressed them enough to get into the program.
realup and diggy..i wish u GL for match..i m going to apply for next match plz can u tell me from where u got USCE and also if have any information about it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »