Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi - viva
Is it ok to call the programs now to ask how to send the docs on scramble day incase they have any unfilled positions? Please reply,thanx,....
I would not do that...as it may be considered as nrmp violation:

"Under the Match Participation Agreement signed by all applicants, it is a Match violation to begin contacting programs prior to noon on Tuesday of Match Week, March 13th, when the "Scramble" begins. If the NRMP receives evidence that an applicant has violated this rule, an investigation will be initiated and sanctions may be applied as outlined in the NRMP's Violations Policy, which can be found on the NRMP web site at http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/policies/violations.html "
my friend called a few programs n the programs didnt mind, infact one program asked her to send an email with her contact info so they could reach her if unfilled.I guess its scary even then.What do u say?
I didnt get u.
u never know which program will report u. last year one of my friend called several programs just b4 the match day. one of the programs reported him as violation. he participates this year's match. that was a very sad story. because of that, his wife left him.

dont do it just in case. you will regret.
viva,
to be in the safe side, I'd rather to follow the rules and regulations, as fortman said ,you don't know whether they report this violation or not as people have different attitudes toward rules. a third party also can report this violation if by accident knows about it....and this will be considered as a violation for programs too...so why they take the risk for an IMG like you and me? One report is enough to screw everything.
thanx for all ur replies.....will keep this in mind.......

I still don't get why his wife left him............because of nrmp violation???

surely that wouldn't be in the marriage contract...............?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »