Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happens after you get a position in scramble? - drdurfee
will the program input your information in the NRMP? when the complete list will be pulished on Match 19, the positions filled during the scramble are also on the list?

another important question is, if the program does input the name of applicant of scramble into NRMP, and if you accept the 2nd position, will the 2nd program know that you are already get a position in another program?

please help, how does the scramble work. thanks a billion
If you entered the Match (signed up for it) and you pick up a position during scramble, then you are required to adhere to the Match rulz. Check out the violations section on the NRMP website...

I think your questions are best summarized as: "If I pick up a Scramble position but then find a better position later, can I ditch the first one and take the second one?"

My 2 cents on this matter is don't play with fire...too much risk.
thanks vitriol102

i could not find any violation section regarding the scramble. where is it?

also, if the program only sent email offer and said will send a letter in a week, does the email count as a formal offer?
Well, I said that it would be considered a violation b/c that's what I heard from a PD once. Match rulz apply to scramble also. I could be wrong. You may want to email the NRMP. It wouldn't hurt to ask...they can't fault you for asking to clarify some confusion about scramble policies.

As for an offer, personally, I would regard the email as formal if the email explicitly states that they are interested in you and that they are offering you a position. At the same time, I would be a little anxious and try to minimize any error or any misunderstanding. This would be accomplished by calling up the program can clarifying things...making sure that the program is on the same page as me and vice-versa.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »