Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help Me---What should I do? - sadman2007
I have taken the Step 2 CK exam in September 2006 but unfortunately, I failed with a 71/173. Since that exam, I have been working very hard in my studies, up until February of this year (2007) whence I took the CK again. During my preparations, I took the USMLE Word; my average score was 71%. I also took the Kaplan QBank; my average score there was 63%. My USMLE CD score was 78%. I retook the CK, as I mentioned before, in February; I felt this test was much shorter and easier than my previous attempt. However, I just got my results today, and to my surprise my score was a 59/143. This is extremely unbelievable given my past record (in the past, my score was never below 50% in any test). I want to recheck this score. Does anyone have any past knowledge/ experience regarding the rechecking process and on whether or not a rechecking would be successful/ helpful in any way? Can you please tell me what I should do in my current situation?
its sad..i think u shud go for rechek..its unliky to change anything but looking at ur score i think may be theres something wrong...i dont think any body 'll tell u rechek experience here as its something too rare...also let me know whether u repated the UW and Qbank or this the 1st time u did it as ur score r realy good...alo whether u did in time mode or not?
How did you feel when you took the exam. Were you confident with the materials you studied the 2nd time around. This seem really weired on how you got a 71 and then 59. I would also recheck. Pls do tell how you apprached your studies and Questions the 2nd time (Tutor Mode, Timed, Mixed or Subject wise??) This is really unfortunate.
I myself also failed on 1st attempt but I felt that time as well as Silly miastake on timing my breaks (was very anxious and excited) thus was not being able to finish the last block (Lost 16 questions).

Let us know more and sory to hear it, but pls don;t give up!!
before you recheck, do NBME to make your sure where you really stand.
reh, ben and coumadin, thank you very much for your comments. Just for clarification, the above score for UW was my second time taking the test (timed, random). I first took the UW last year; my score was 51 then. The score for Kaplan QBank is my first time (timed, random). Before I took the second CK examination I felt I had made a lot of progress and I felt that I understood the concepts much better as compared to the first time I took the test. I also felt the questions in the second exam were easier than before. Thus, after the examination I was very confident. However, far from my expectations for an improvement in my scores, they dropped dramatically, which was a very big shock. To the best of my knowledge, I've never heard of anyone that have obtained a score quite like this.
so u did Kaplan q bank before the 2nd attempt not before the1st attempt??..well its good score..i know some1 who got 89 in real exam n his kaplan q bnak score was 60% time mode..he took exam in last week of december...its very strange so i think may be u shud go for rechek as u also were confident after exam
hey reh
that someone who scored 89 on the exam n 60 on the kap must be pretty close to u cuz i have read 2 to 3 post of yours saying the same think hehe jst n observation(tryin to be funny) anyways i think u r worried abt your kap q bank score ,dont worry u r doin good cuz this new one is a toughy
gl n take care
Hi
your story is like mine and i applied for recounting but nouse they will run the softwre agin and send you a notice that their software is accutae and nothing goes wrong so wate of money try and give the exam again wish you all the best.
p575 lol yeh its funny n scary too at same time...well that guy told me that its not easy to score very high on this new kplan qbank in time mode...but at same time ppl do score high too..i just started it n its getting up sometime close to 70 now but some blocks sucks..lol..i hope n pray i 'll be able to cross 60s..but who knows......like today there was question in what part of TB bug enters at 1st ...lol.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »