Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fmg portal. - ncancer
Jessy,
Thank you very much. One more question. Do you have chance to take the history and do PE? If so, I think it is worthy.
Good luck with your residency.
yes, you get to do all that and write down all your impressions in the patient chart. I got to do blood draws and flu shots.and lots of patient counselling. The doctor there was really nice. By the end of 2 weeks he let me write out prescriptions but he had to double check and sign it at the end. These were for refills usually. It was a busy clinic on some days and other days were just open for 2 hours. So it really depends on the place you get it at.
One thing I would do is once they give you the phone number of the place, call them and ask for office timings and if they already have externs there ask to speak to one of them for feed back. The place I got it was open only 20hours a week. I wanted to work atleast 40hours a week. Before they assign you to a clinic ask for one that works 5 days a week atleast 8 hours a day or more. Also make sure you will get LOR.
@drjazz

Before they assign you to a clinic ask for one that works 5 days a week atleast 8 hours a day or more. ....... I am planning to prepare 4 my steps along wid externship. Do programs.. while applying 4 residency, specify the no. of hrs completed.
Hi

Do these portals sponsor visa...
Does anyone remember which FM programs did not fill their spots in last year's match? Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »