Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do? - texast
I scored 71 in first attempts 6 month back.I scored 300 only in nbme4.my exam is at last of this month.What should I do now?Any suggession please......I am now very depressed....
i know everyone of you are busy....
I passed my step1 in sec attempt
took it on 2nd march
If i can rtry again n pass it sure can u
Go ahead n work hard
Manage ur study times n make a time table stick to it
n stick to this forum! Wink

Make sure u know ur msitakes n make use of good rsousrces
like i would say lots of qs Kaplan Qbank N UW are must! Also Qbook'

Goodluck
a good way to begin prep fr this exam is
1. read all exam experiences or as many as you can find on this forum
2. focus on few key resources..everyone says the bulk of this exam is tested from kaplan and first aid..so these one has to know very very well
3. usmleworld is a biggie now..its a good idea to sign up for it for atleast 2 mos and know the concepts being tested there very very well
4. do as many qs as possible per day..start with min 50 and towards the end try for 200 per day
5.in the last month or so of prep , try doing only qs with repeat reading of key concepts

give yrself just enough time, this helps maintain the pressure to study..if u give yrself toooo much time u end up not doing anything much
hope this helps.....
Thanks Mariam.But i am really worry about decreasing score though i am trying mybest?And am using the source you said.I was scoring better in UW but poor in nbme.Thats why i am worring..
Just go through all the books again ..After that that is on Goodluck n paryers ,
I tell u .. Hope it will help u.

Just close the big books And read first aid cover to cover make sure u know everything in it.
I also used Med essential with Fisrt Aid i loved the book bcoz it ws sqwweezed kaplan , made it easier for me to look at it in last month
I also did 100 pages goljan
Just do this For a while ...Faid all of it,Goljan 100 Pages ,
n if u want add med ess if u like to or just look at the figures n graphs that u feel week in ,then try giving nbame

Goodlcuk ..This is the best i could say ..U will know what else u need to work on
Thank you dolly,i will...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »