Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme-block4-5 - oxygen
6. A 19-year-old white college student is brought to the emergency department by her two roommates because of shortness of breath. The roommates tell you that her symptoms came on suddenly about one hour after they picked her up at the airport where she had arrived after a 6-hour flight from visiting her parents. The patient has rapid and shallow breathing, and with difficulty she tells you, "I can't get my breath and I'm having pains in my chest. My face is numb. I think I'm dying. Do something. Do something!" She says she has never had an experience like this before. She always has been healthy and she takes no medications except for combination oral contraceptive therapy. Physical examination is normal except for tachypnea and tachycardia. Electrocardiogram shows sinus tachycardia but is otherwise normal. Arterial blood gas values while breathing room air show:

PO2

99 mm Hg

PCO2

30 mm Hg

pH

Which of the following is the most appropriate long-term pharmacotherapy?

A

) Bupropion

B

) Gabapentin

C

) Lorazepam

D

) Metoprolol

E

) Paroxetine
panic attack?
C yes she is panic
I think it is E.
IT is panic but for long term SSRI preferred especially E drug
e)..for long term ssri is better
e
ssri are used for long term
I agree .It is SSRI. For short term use xanax or Klonipine.No use of buspirone for panic attacks.Lorazepam is short acting.No role for neurontin she is not having seizure or trigeminal neuralgia. It is not social phobia to give metaprol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »