Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The PASS Program USMLE Step1... Need Advise - dydy910
I am planning to start the PASS program for the USMLE Step 1. I am looking for a living arrangement other than campus housing as it will probably be cheaper. I would like to find a place close to the university. If anyone knows about an apartment or room for rent please let me know.
Also, I would like to hear from someone who has attended the PASS program and what your experience was; did it help you? Was it worth it? Do you think itâ„¢s a good program?
I would really appreciate any input that you might be able to offer on either of these topics. Thanks.
i took Pass and hated it, if you are all prepared and understand the material, then it would be helpful to you, but if you just like me, came out of basic sciences and forgot all of the material, then i dont recommend this course, i would do instead kaplan, because it will teach you the basics, because in Pass this guy Dr. Francis, teaches everything together and he teaches you the concepts. But alot of the stuff that he says is either incorrect or poorly structured. If you have a strong background in subjects, then it would be like a revision, but still his notes have ALOT of errors, I had my stuff memorized incorrectly and I thought I was ready for the step, but I guess I wasnt.
Also, he has these so called CLUES that he claims he has come up with by himself. But after having done Kaplan Qbank, I realized that he had someone sit down and rewrite that material in question/answer format.
That is why he is making everyone do Qbank, but at the same time you need to be memorizing his so called "clues", which are pretty much buzzwords. But as we all know, there are NO buzzwords on the step.

So me, including my other 10 classmates took the course and failed step 1 right after, so if you want an honest advice, save the 3000 dollars and spend it on Kaplan course, and then after having done Kaplan and its Qbank, move onto USMLE World and learn those concepts.

Good luck to all!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »