Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience from cairo - antiabuse
I am an IMG from Egypt

Hi everybody, I had my exam on Tue 24/4.
First of all Thanks to GOD
2nd, it was not too hard but same level as UW.
Internal Med 60%, Ped 15%, Surg & Gyn 15%, Psych 8%, Epi, Biostat & Ethics 2%

In Internal Med, almost every thing, all high yield stuff, some low yield and little I don™t know what they were talking about. I only had 2-3 HIV Qs.
Step 1 questions were mostly immunology.

In Surgery, concentrate on trauma, little of other surgery sections (pre & post operative stuff, GI)

In obstetrics, antenatal care mainly, some intranatal care.
In Gyne, contraception, infertility.

In Psych, mainly diagnosis, I think that most of the chapters were addressed in the exam.

There were 1-2 questions from USMLE CD but little bit different scenarios

My prep was 6 months, I did Kaplan DVDs, notes, Qbook, had no time for Qbank (but I would have done it if I had the time), Kaplan simulator and UW.

Exam is long, need well prep, esp. in time mode for the 9 hrs.

Hope for all of u the best, triplehelix and the rest who r going for the exam soon.
nice to know that you are done will the test.
Now the "phase" of waiting.
Insha Allah you will have wonderful score.
Thanks and good luck.
hello antiabuse i m from egypt too , i m thinking to take ck and i want to know about kaplanb dvds does ti worth ? and i heard that there is new dvds is it on the market and lastly waht peroid of tiem do u think it is necessary to do the ck and is it harder than step1 or easier ? , thx very much
hi truth_medicine

I still have step 1 and CS to do
About kaplan dvds, I think IM, surgery, psych, epid & biostatics r worth to listen to. they will take a lot of time.
listening, studying & QS will take 6-7 last 3 months should be pure studying and leave 2 months atleast for QS and revision

Good luck
good luck for the score
thx , i hope u do best in the score , do u know how can i get kaplan vidoes , is it present on this forum ?
beltawfe2 inshallah we tegeb 99.

GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »