Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiology Residency/Fellowship - bluejeans
Anybody knows how easy or difficult it is to get radiology residency or fellowship particularly if one has been trained in UK like me. Also is it easier to get into a fellowship and then do residency later?????.
I honestly don't know much about radiology. However, it is a very competitive residency...AMG's go after this residency. It's VERY difficult for an IMG to get radiology, but it is not impossible.

I guess the best way is to find a program or research opportunity in the US at a radiology program. This will give you more info.

sorry I couldn't give you any more advice
mt sinai mini-residency in miami beach has a radio observership. i did this but i like psych.
a back door way to go to get rads is to do nuclear medicine and transfer. if u do a year of nukes, it gets counted as a fellowship. if u cant transfer then stick with nukes till u get in. apply wide and when u transfer apply to every program.
you should be a qualified radiologist then you can apply for fellowships .i think for radiology if you do 4 yrs of fellowship you will be board certified.need not do residency.but to join direct radiology fellow you have to have FRCR from u.k.many of them taking this route,but i am not sure how easy it is.
Yes radiology is very competetive but not impossible, two of my friends matched in radiology last year. Both scored double 99,no USCE, 2002 grads, but both had inside contacts in the programs in which they matched. So get great scores and hope for the best,GL.
NO, for nuclear medicine u dont have to be a radioligist. it is both its own field AND a fellowship of radiology. i think if u r doing it as a fellowship it is 1 year. the odd thing is that if u do a year of nuclear and then do rads, that year of nukes can count as a fellowship. i wonder if there r any other examples.

also i feel any img who applies to rads needs to apply to nukes as back up.

So what is the status of nuclear med ? I mean is it a relatively tough or very residency to get in ?
it is easy as it is not desirable as employment is not as steady as other fields. yet u can still get a job if u r ready to relocate. i heard in some ways it is a growing field. and u have a chance of getting radio and it counts as a fellowship if u get rads after nukes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »