Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got 92/228:))))) - intmed
thanku...i posted my experience be4
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=175706

Basically there are 2 things ill point out... i got an ok score in step 1 which i gave in oct...83...i was happy with it tho bacause i did not do well during the exam and wasnt expecting much..i studied roughly 3 months for step 2..i liked studying for it far more.it was more interesting atleast for me...So you can improve the score in step 2 if you work on it.It requires a different sort of approach.

Also,2 wks be4 the exam i got 450 in nbme 2 which comes out to be 83..i wasnt satisfied with it but last 2 wks i studied harder and didnt extend the date hoping for the best..So nbme didnt predict my actual score.
in uw i got 58/60 mostly
kaplan 68

So,thats it...hope this helps

Congratulations!
A big congrats !!!!!
Congratulations.....great job!!! GL with everything....
Congratulation!. You did a great job. What was your daily schedule for studying during the last two week to speed up your performance? (how many hours/day and how you allocate them into topics (IM, OB, Ped...Kp notes or UW?) . Thanks for your sharing!. It motivates me a lot.
last 2 wks i basically did the following things....
_gave a day each to a subject and just went thru the notes and first aid(esp ob/gyn which i scored less in on nbme and medicine which is more imp.)
_uw explanations online
_notes i had written down over time
_and i liked boards and wards for review also

i thk i was studying almost all the time during those days.but in the last 3 days anxiety was kicking in so i just read my own notes and review books
Thank you very much for your sharing intmed! You studied almost the time, it means 20 hours per day? Wow! you worked very hard and got your great compensation. I love people who jump up by hard working from the bottom to the top. I wish I could concentrate more time on my studying now. I do not want to delay the test, have not taken NBME yet, just improve my performance based on UW online result. The low score of NBME would make me feel down. I will try studying harder like you did.
Good luck to you for your residency! GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »