Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical School Transcript !!!! -
Mr.Self Destruct

Hi
Well I need some help here,I want to go for USMLE, BUT the problem is that I did really Bad in my Pre-Clinical years, flunked many times, and repeated 2nd Proffesional Year and Final too. I am not a DULL student but just lost my way due to some personal reasons, almost gave up Medicine. But after having gone through the MBBS ( I'm in Pakistan ) I recovered. Did 1 year House Job (Internship) in Eye and got a Post-Grad Diploma in eye too passed all this in the First attempt. But I think as the USMLE now also requires Medical School Transcripts, I feel my chances are really slim even if I go on this path. I dont wanna be left in the wilderness without any Match after having done USMLE, I have already had my share of screw ups.
Please people can you comment or suggest anything for me. I wish I can turn the clock back but I guess some wishes can never come true Smile
Mr.Self Destruct

BTW I dont care about The Field/Speciality etc, do I stand a chance of making it into any ?
sum

the damage has been done... u cant change yur past but now its time to concentrate on yur present. u can do much better.... aim for high scores. yur preclincal years wont effect yur match that much. once u score high and take US experience by doin externship or observership, than yur chances are goin to shoot up. hope things work out for you.
good luck
Mr.Self Destruct

Dear Sum,
Thank you for your advice.
Can you tell me that, Can one get into a Programme (Match or Scramble) even if it is not of a choice ?
I mean I can live with the fact that I do get into a Programme FP, Internal Med, etc but the thing (someone told me) and it scares me is that you never get selected. Though I was told it is not possible but I have my doubts & fears.
Thanks again
sum

gettin into internal medicine or family practice is not as tough than to get into surgery or any other speciality...i personally think that u can make it in one of these prog.. ur motivated and all steps need is motivation. people say the more u want to be distracted the more u will.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »