Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Pakipower - pak_hawk
hey pakipower ! i need your advice. i am planning for 2008 match, i gave step2CK last month ..i have scores in early 90's in both steps, have passed CS & i am 2005 graduate. i have 3 months b4 september and im in US... what is the best way i can utilize this time to improve my chances for surgery ? shoulf i opt for preliminary position this year ?what is the best strategy for me?i shall appreciate your advice !! have a Great Day
Your graduation date & scores are good enough for surgery.....
Now get your step 3 out of the way before sept 1 .......
Get as much USCE as you can ... and mind you that you have to get surgeon's LORs to improve your application for GS, IM LORs will not work for surgery application.
Getting preliminary is a good idea but in future you have to go through another tough year and the applicaton process once again ........ after prelim no gurantees you will be in but chances will increase defiantely so this is more of your decision.
If you love surgery like hell then do take risks but if you dont mind doing IM etc then you should continue in IM incase you dont get categorical surgery this year.
Man i tell you that surgery is extremely competitve so be prepared for competition with both IMGs and AMGs.

GL
dude i replied to your post in detail but there are some malicious members who have fallen to such a low limit that they've posted it as abuse.
place your email address here, i ll respond at the earliest.
Bro.

i replied to your post in detail but there are some malicious members who have fallen to such a low limit that they've posted it as abuse.
place your email address here, i ll respond at the earliest.
Hey Bro ! thanks for the reply.... i appreciate it ..u r cool MAN. the best way to deal with these people is to IGNORE them.. dnt comment on them .. u r Iqbal's dream, u should not be looking below on them ... mail me on docasif20 , i had a couple of queries ..thx again
who else can do that except jealous indians
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »