Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passssseeddd!!!!! - di
hey guys
finally the looong wait is over.just received the mail today.I passed with 81.its been a really long and stressful journey and now I am glad its over.I wanted to post my exam experience after my exam.But I was not sure if I would pass.so here is my experience.

Day 1:
7 blocks and very tough questions.I had a lot of peds especially neonatology.the ER blocks were very tough for me.the questions on the ER block were really long and I had to rush thru the last few questions.Office blocks had smaller question stem but they were equally difficult.I felt the question were very similar to uworld and some pics on the test were very similar to the ones on nbme.so if u have the time pls do nbme. I took good breaks almost after every block but i still had to rush towards the end.After the day 1 I was sure i would not pass this test.

Day 2:
equally difficult 4 blocks but the number and size of the questions were smaller.I had no idea what the answers were.
CCS is the key to this exam(thats what I feel since have good performance on that).its something no one should screw up.all the cases were from usmleworld..so if you study and practice those 88 cases on the software it should be easy.I practiced all the cases on the software atleast 4 times.this definitely helps to get used to the software.had a horrible feeling after day 2 too.

my study material:
kaplan step2 ck notes
kaplan step3 notes(pls read thru atleast once)
uworld:first time:50%2 months before the exam
65-70% 2 weeks before the exam
nbme:310-was depressed after this
read crush step3 a week before the exam
CMDT to find the answer to nbme questions

this exam is not that bad...just requires a calm mind on the exam day...sometimes just common logic....the journey of usmle is over for me finally...this forum has helped me a lot right form my step1...met good people here ...I would like to thank oxygen,malak,skype and everybody else who have participated in the discussions and posted good questions....good luck to all you guys.would love to answer any questions you have.
good luck now for your residency

would you please tell me the year of edition of step 3 kaplan books you studied

because i have material but that is of 2003

thanks
hi Di,

when is ur score report date?
congratulations for your result! I have a question, how did you practise the UW CCS cases on the software? thanks.
thanks guys
jaffri:I used the 2005 edition..there are certain changes in the new ones compare to 2003 edition

dream 2008:my score was posted on 9th may but it took 8 days by snail mail

jubi:the best way to practice the cases is to open either case 2 on the cd and just practice typing the orders..u wont get a feedback but u will get used to what to type in and what order comes up..what I used to do is read the HPI on uworld cases and just type the orders on the software...thats what i did.

Congratulations , Good luck onn your career
Hi Di First of all congrats on passing the exam.
Di I have the old edition of kaplan step 3 ( I think its 2002 edition not sure as I made a copy from my freinds and don't have the first page) if you don't mind can you please give me your books , I would return them to you once I copy them. I am actully looking out for the newer edition (2007) but its very costly on the net and its not available in the Kaplan store also. If you would like to give me please let me know or email me at nav_buch. Thanks in advance.
hey positive 07
I have the 2005 edition copied...i could give it to you to keep(I am trying to get rid of it since I am moving)
email me at di_usmle
Thanks Di I have emailed you
Take care
bye
positive 07
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »