Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recieved my score report - rochesterny
I took my exam on 17/18 April, posted my experience at that time, I was not planing to take the exam, so was not preparing for it until 2-3 weeks before taking it, when I asked the PC at my program if it is OK to give me a chance to pass step3 in order to be eligible for the H1, she was kind enough to give me the chance...
the exam was really tough as every one say here...but u can't know how is your performance when u r taking it...
what I believe now is : if u have very good medical background from your medical school, and your performance on step1&2 is high, u should be able to pass the exam , and with good preparation u should be able to score something in high 90s.
my score is 90/218...much better than my expectation...
good luck to every one
congratulations....good score
Congrats ! May I know ur nbme score.

Does that mean that before you were offered J1 and later you could negotiate for a H1 visa. GL for ur H1 visa.
Hi, mine is similar case, got my result on 16th may, I passed but did not get score report to hand. My program already started J1 for me now they are going for H1. I am on H4 do i have to get stamped ffor H1 and can I get it stamped in Canada.
dr_halcyon, sorry , but i didn't do NBME questions before my exam..

vj123 , what I know from past years, u can get the H1 status without leaving the US..that's what I will do now, in case u need the visa stamp, in most cases u can get it stamped from canada, but the law doesn't allow you to do so if u r from one of the following countries, Iran, Syria, Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, I am not sure whether Libia is still in the list or not....I remember I read it somewhere on the USCIS website , anyway, it is better to ask other experts to make sure of that.
Congrats good score.
Congrats very good score
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »