Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiology, for IMGs??? - mjai
Hi every one
Is it really possible for an IMG to make into residency in dignostic radiology? Any thoughts!!
I have recently grown interest in this field but dont know how to persue it.
well mjal as far as i know it is very tough for IMGs to get in to radiology...as most of AMGs prefer this kinda branches...
unless you have very high score in all 3 steps with some USCE it is really very tough....
but at the same time lemme tell you it is not impossibble.....
Need to have research experience too! Not to mention contacts!!!
First of all, thank you very much for replying.

You guys are absolutely right that it is difficult. As far my story is concerned, i graduated in 2005, my step 1 & 2 are 99,99,ECFMG certified,taking step 3 next month plus so far i have around 2 mo of observership in the US. I will also be doing some volunteer reasearch for a few months this fall but that is not in Radio.
So my question is, Do i need to have radiology research exp in particular or will any research exp count?
Thanks again fvor your time.
no question about it, go for radiology stuff, it will reflect your interest in radiology along with your experience in that field, if you have radiology exp even from your country or any efforts putin radiology would be definietly beneficial.
without radiology experience(research or other), it is almost impossible! GL
make sure u apply to nuclear medicine as a back up. i have written about this b4 so search for it. to sum it up, it is similar to rads and also after a year u can transfer to rads and use ur year as nukes as a fellowship. b4 nukes was 1 plus 2 year. now it is 1 plus 3 as u do a year of nuke PET scanning. also do the observership at mt sinai in miami beach. they have a IMG friendly rads program. so apply there. i know it is a great location but still img friendly.
Thank you all for replying, i appreciate it.
Could someone tell me the reason why Radiology is so popular in US?
In my country, radiology is not so popular among med-students.
because of $$$
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »