Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
low scores help - astle
hello evone. i got 79 in each step in first attempt dont know reason . gave cs on 12 june want to do residency in in med . what r my chances
hi
i graduated in 2004 no usce minimal clinical experience . i am really confused about there scoring i did well n was expecting 90 plus another friend of mine after appearing 4 st1 threw a party after he left prometric as he had done good n he got 69 n failed . another senior of mine had done so badly that he had started studying again 4 st1 to his surprise he got 92
i guess this goes to show that with usmles u never know nothing!
as usual everyone will tell u that with low scores u need to get lots of good quality usce...and apply to noncomp specialities like fammed, peds and osych...many folks do his and then move to IM after their first year..
just be happy u havepassed!!
thanks universe i guess people r over rating the significance of scores . getting residency is multifactorial do doubt scores r important but early application , interview skills ur overall personality n destiny play important parts. dont forget usmle is an objective type of competetive exam with complicated scoring system. some programme directors take fluke factor also into consideration n give great importance to ur body language n interviewing skills
dude i am in the same boat . inspite of studying for 9 months for step 1 i got 76 . i cant believe it . but nothing to blame . who should we blame . i am preaparing for step 2 and will take it soon . what are my chances of getting a peds residency . i am ready to do it any where . please help
just carry on n hope for the best inshallah we will get the residency. have no doubts about ur capabilities we can easily match guys with 99. a little bit of fortune, silly mistakes , n wrong approach towards preparation has cost us this score n dont forget there scoring system it is above my head. nevertheless i am confident that i ll get residency in im n do my fellowship in haemonc or gastro n will inshallah outdo those 99 folks.
i have freainds with low scores in 70s and they are donig their residencies,I guess giving ste 3 helps alot.
freinds
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »