Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is First Aid enough for Biochem & Anatomy? -
Student in Eastern US

Hello,
Someone please help me figure out what to study for anatomy and biochem... I'm taking Step 1 in one month!!! Is First Aid enough for these subjects???
I would be grateful to anyone who can help!!!

THANK YOU!!!
hi

I had the same problem...I am taking step 1 in last week of sep....But I was doing Q-bank yesterday and realized that first aid is not enough for anatomy....Try doing it from kaplan notes...It would take just 2 days to do anatomy!
Sunny

hi : you said Kaplan notes will take just 2 days? I saw Kaplan notes Anat +Physio = 1000 pages?
student in miami

no its not
specially neuroanatomy, and biochemistry.
so try to read it in kaplan.
good luck
hi

Hey you know what , it seems that way...But biochemistry is excellent in kaplan notes,....what you can do is ...if you get a web prep cd for biochem from somewhere...it will explain everything there in the notes...and it wont take more then 3 days...And it is explained so well that you wont have to go through it again ...you can just reinforce the high yield stuff from FA just before the exams...I was saying 2 days for anatomy from kaplan....I think its worth it ....cuz there are so many questions that are linked to anatomy and if you dont remember the basic ...you might not be able to answer them....If you just go through them once ...I am sure you'll be able to recall in the exam cuz I think anatomy is not like rocket science in the exam ...Unlike many other subjects...But still ...I haven't given the exam yet ,...So maybe someone else could guide you better!
Best of luck!
Dev

What about high yield for Anat., neuroanat and biochem?
mC

FOR MY EXAM IT WAS ENOUGH,BUT IT ALL DEPEND ON YOUR BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE.And it takes a lot of time to digest those FA stuff,but most of my qs have FA answer.You can try Fa with studyqs like kaplan or Lazo nms.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »