Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
effect on residency - usadoc7
if schedule the exam & then don't take it,i mean register for it but don't take it either way what is the effect on residency
The only valid is the attempts and results, if dont take it doesnt count
it will show tat u did not show up for the exam, but will not give the reason y u didnt show up.....tats interpreted as being irresponsible.....and id ont think tat sets off a good impression to hospitals.
c'mon gimme a break !! girl...thats the most absurd thing heard !!
usadoc - here is my experience...

I signed up for the test at the end of second year of medical school and then decided not to take it because I wasn't prepared.

I then signed up to take it at the end of third year of medical school - again decided not to take it.

Paid for the exam both times - ouch.

I signed up again and will be taking it in October.

My understanding is that NOTHING appears on your USMLE transcript if you never show up.

I have read somewhere that you can also cancel your exam WHILE YOU ARE TAKING IT and no score will be reported. However, I don't remember if there was some catch to it. Maybe it would appear on your transcript as cancelled or something.

Anyway, that is my experience.
Except as otherwise specified below, to receive a score on Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 3, you must begin every block of the test: If you do not begin every block, no results are reported, and the "incomplete examination" attempt appears on your USMLE transcript. If you register for but do not begin an examination, no record of the test will appear on your transcript"
This is what ECFMG says !!!
thanks loki ,

i heard like if u schedule u r exam and do not take it then "NO SHOW" will appear in usmle transcript .

but if u register and dont take then nothing appears
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »