Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dr_80 OR ANY ONE - antidote22
Hi,I hope you remeber me.I am in trouble,NEED YOUR HELP.
I failed step2 twice but dont want to repeat again.
1.Please guide me the stuff to read(high yield stuff)as per your experience..
2.Any thing which will help me.I want to go for match 2008.Make me do it by helping as i have broken my confidence.

this will be favour,I heard "GOD TAKE CARE OF THE PERSON WHO GUIDES OTHER TOO"pLEASE HELP ME OUT AS I HAVE ONLY 4 MONTHS TO PREPARE.

GOD BLESS YOU
dear antidote... dont loose confidence in u...i hope u can do it.. as for me i will advice stick to kaplan notes n do as many mcqs as u can...uw is the best idea... but i have not taken my exam yet ..its on 25th..may b some one who has already taken step 2 can guide u better
YA I TOOK UW ,GOT 59% FIRST ATTEMPT.
Antidote, there are two ways to go about this problem. First is to get a hold of the three NBME exams and go over every question by reading about the disease. You will see that the same Topics (diseases) keep showing up in different context. Dont look at high yeild, clearly whats lacking here is the basic knowledge. So do those questions, about 600. By then you will have a pretty good idea of what is covered in the exam. Then take Kaplan online course and do questions.

Another way is to do kaplan online questions and read every explanation and take notes. Then take one NBME and see how you do. And keep going throu the rest of NBME exams and read on the topics you missed. I am sure you will have success in the next exam. Good luck and stay motivated.
Thanks,I liked the NBME question idea.
help me out with more ideas
Hi antidote22,

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Well, first of all you urself should be confident enough that you can do this exam , your confidence and a very positive attitude will take you a long way .
I think you should try to get hold of kaplan dvds and try to listen to them as its really very important to know the basics of all diseases. You need to understand and be able to corelate things , it does NOT require doing a book 100 times , all you need to do is to do a good one time reading with an open and clear mind. I liked Kaplan Q bank more than UW but that again is my subjective opinion. I think you should use NBME to assess urself and once you have done the online form then ofcourse you can discuss the ones who find hard and confusing. Books like FA and secrets should only be used for a last week quick revision having all the background knowledge at the back of mind.

I truly wish U all the best for exam and everything ....
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I would add Kaplan online qbank also. All the best.

This advise was posted by ROBIN in another forum:

Read kaplan notes at least twice.

Do UW and take notes from every question.

Revise your own notes and FA.

Take NBME to see where you stand, then focus on your weak areas evaluated by NBME.

Sit for the real exam only if your NBME>500.

Good luck.

These are suggestions from Step 2ck 99ers that I always remember.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »