Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
330 -nbme -
cuneus

hey guys,
i just got 330 in nbme first form.i finished my q-bank twice.initial q-bank score was 56-62 and second time is above 74
i did kaplan thrice and keep on reviewing first aid.
i have 3 weeks to go in the exam.
really depressed
cue

make sure you know the first aid cold. all the little info and detail. take the other nbme a few days before the exam. 3 weeks is plenty of time to increase your score. Dont try to learn something new, just learn what you have learned well.
you'll be fine.
GL
p.s. don't postpone, like I said 3 weeks is plenty of time especially since you're in review mode already.
attitude

just a thought - i don't want to discourage you but you don't want to have to repeat this exam....the way I am doing. If your NBME score is low, look at what was low and if it was physio or patho, listen to GOLJAN or read his high yield 36 or 100 page notes. Yes the tapes are time consuming but sometimes when you continually read first aid and you have seen it so many times, your eyes tend to skip over material etc.. If you see the same info presented in a fresh fashion, that might help it stick. good luck
matoka

cuneus,
I don't want to discourage you but 330 is not a passing score. However ,you still have time left to try to improve your performance.
Doing the kaplan Qbank over and over again is not going to improve your score at all. Rather try to read and learn from their expanations, from your notes if you have such notes. Also try to read twice FA, which is not a neglijable book. Try to review your notes if you have such notes.
Try to take the second form of NBME test to see again where you are with your preparation. There is always a chance and you have to fight up to the end. If you are at your first attempt you can take your exam at the scheduled date but if you are at your second attempt, do not venture to take it. It would be the worst idea.
It's up to you whether you take it in three weeks or postpone it. Good luck.
matoka
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »