Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanx longislandmd2b,pin,skintimate,Nicotine,usmil - chandni2007
Thank you
longislandmd2b, pin, skintimate, Nicotine, and usmile08 for you quick advice.

longislandmd2b: I was thinking about a personal tutoring session with a doctor who used to teach for pass programe and now he teaches step 1 students on the side for some extra cash. i know two students who have taken his course and I heard really good things about him. One student passed step 1 with 80 and she says that she would have failed the exam if she had not taken his course. However after listening to usmle08's advice I checked out the actual pass program which is the same price, sounds much better.

Pin:
I have already done kaplan dvd's and lecture books along with golian 300 pgs. notes and adio but now that i sat down to do kaplan q-bank I got so depressed because my scores are not going above 40%. Even though I felt like I understood most of the material when i was doing it. I was not planning on taking any review course and I really can't afford it but I will have to find a way to pay for it cuz I do not want to take chances with my step 1 as I have so many responsiblites waiting for me. I will never get this golden oppertunity to study for step 1. I took of rotations and stopped everything in my life for the past month. and I been studying since end of last year and I was really disappointed with my resluts. Do you still advice me to try studying own my own? plz help.

skintimate and Nicotine:
I already have pass programe notes and videos and i have already done them once but i was really hurt to see my q-bank score and that's the only reason i even considered taking the review. How are you guys doing with you study, plz help.

usmile08:
You are right, if i'm gonna take a review it should be the rite ppl. thank you for your advice, after reading it i contacted pass program this morning but their office is not open yet, i will try later on today.

Thank you all for the reply, and if there is anything that can help me plz let me know.
Hey Chandi,

Seems like you have been through a lot of differnt material. I think it is best to stick to one source. Also I wanted to ask are you also memorizing the things you learn after you learn them? I know after we understand stuff we tend to make notes and move on but I think it is very vitale to commit what we have learned to memory. I would try and make a run through the material for 2-3 weeks and memorize the notes as you have probably learned the concepts already. Then once the material is in your brain you can do questions to quicken your reasoning and strengthin uour concepts.
chandni, i agree with longisland, infact thats a very good advice,he said it very well, thanks longislandmd, in fact its a good advice for me also.
even though, sometime we want to hear something we want to do, so, if u really feel like u really need to do the course, go ahead, if it make u more confident, go ahead, but dont get dissapointed if it doesnt make any change, and even after course, take the advice of longisland and try to memorize the concepts u already have learned.GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »