Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to address coordinator the first time - miniaspirin
but she address me as Dr. XYZ, but harry99, i wish it's just as you said!
Exactly, nothing to worry about.
munna, i'll let you know when i gather more advice for it. thx man.
I have only emailed PCs so far and i use their entire name with a Ms or Mr prefix as is the situation.

If you are calling them then usually as they asnwer the phone, they declare their names:
If they use the first name go ahead and refer to them by the first. For some reason i noticed many american women got more insulted when refered to as Ma'am than by their first name.

If you are going to use their last name (which is appropriate if they introduce themselves with their full name) and you dont know how to pronounce it.....go ahead and try your version and ask them if you said it rightly. Not a problem at all. Infact this was a helpful tip during CS prep. Could even fetch you brownie points ;o)
In your calls you should address them as Ms. Last Name,

I am Dr. 1st Name LastName.

notice wen u talk with a new person, in the intial few times you use last names.. when u get to know the person better like during interview or in your residency , you can call him/her on first name basis..

and you will be counted as prfessional in saying your full name (1st and Last )
hope it helps.
hope it helps.
address the PC with his/her first name. only the faculty should be addressed with their last names.
hey. r u in NYC? i am in jersey
can u leave ur no. to my email if you dont mind i would like to give u a call

doc_1127

underscore b/n doc and 1127
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »